The government has set aside Ksh 6.9B to resettle the remaining bunch of IDPs who have not been compensated.

Share news tips with us here at Hivisasa

This was announced by the Attorney general on Thursday afternoon when addressing the press in Nairobi.

The move is a reprieve to 272 Internally Displaced Persons who are still living in Mumui camp in Subukia Sub County, as well us thousand of integrated IDPs.

“So far the government of Kenya has spent over 17B in the resettlement of internally displaced persons. Just this weekend in Naivasha, the government committed in another 6.9 billion to finalize the compensation and the resettlement of IDPs” A.G Muigai said.

Nakuru being one of the most hit areas by the 2007/8 PEV, the government has announced a national healing process program that will probably deal with negative ethnicity.

“In addition, the government has also rolled out a comprehensive political program that is destined to reconcile the country and to deepen the national healing and cohesion” he added.

The announcement comes a day after Mumui camp IDPs chair Peter Chege Muchiri was allegedly arrested by CID officers in Subukia on Tuesday while he was on his way to Nairobi. He was later released. The IDPs have been told to move out of the camp by local authorities.