Irate residents of Naivasha's Kayole area took to the streets to demand the re-arrest of an armed gangster who is suspected to be behind the increased cases of sodomy and rape in the area. The man, believed to be a son of a popular politician, was allegedly released from police custody on Friday but the residents want him back immediately. Traffic came to a standstill and motorists were stranded for close to an hour as the residents blocked the Nakuru-Nairobi highway. They argued that cases of insecurity in the area had increased despite the fact that there is an administration police block just within the site. Attempts by Nakuru County assembly majority leader Waithuki to calm the irate resident were futile. Waithuki, who was accompanied by MCAs Eunice Mureithi, Simon Wanango and Esther Magere appealed for calm as the investigations are carried out on the issue. “We want to establish if there is any truth in the accusation. Meanwhile we would like businessmen to stop associating themselves with the politicians since they are ruining their reputation,” he said. Area MP John Kihagi assured the residents that they would increase the number of police officers manning the post. He added that he had already consulted with the area police boss and the superintendent of police for more staff. “The current police post does not have water or electricity but we intend to ensure that they get the services before the end of the week,” he said.
NAKURU
Residents demand the arrest of 'armed suspect'
ADVERTISEMENT
Share news tips with us here at Hivisasa
Thank you for reading my article! You have contributed to my success as a writer. The articles you choose to read on Hivisasa help shape the content we offer.
-Osteen Njenga