Residents of Milimani area in Subukia who have grabbed public land set aside for road expansion will be arrested and charged before the Nakuru high court this week. The residents had been given a 21-day notice to vacate the land which expired last week on Friday. Area chief Norman Kiiru said that there has been an increase of land grabbing cases in the area. “We already have a committee that is set aside to ensure that they are arrested and taken before the court of law. The committee will also spearhead the process of identifying and clearing such land,” he said. The chief was speaking at a public baraza on Saturday in the area where he cautioned the residents against settling on public land. “The roads and water reserves are areas of the public and the government will not stand to see the grabbing of such facilities,” he said. The chief issued a directive to the residents to clear the bushes near the roads, saying that armed gangsters took advantage of the shrubs to hide and attack them. The chief also cautioned residents against leaving fire unattended, noting that this contributed greatly to the destruction of the environment. “We will start conducting searches to ensure that every resident adheres to the environmental rules given in the area.”
NAKURU
Subukia face arrest over grabbed land
ADVERTISEMENT
Do you have a lead on a newsworthy story? Share news tips with us here at Hivisasa!
Thank you for reading my article! You have contributed to my success as a writer. The articles you choose to read on Hivisasa help shape the content we offer.
-Osteen Njenga