A 52-year-old man in Dundori Location, Bahati constituency has gone missing after residents accused him of defiling young girls.
Parents say children aged between 12 and 15 have fallen prey to the suspect who lures girls with money.
So far, there have been four cases with the latest incident involving two Standard 7 pupils from a local primary school.
One of the girls who spoke to this writer said the suspect lured them to his house after pleading with them to do the dishes and clean the house.
“We went to his house on Monday after he requested us to wash his utensils. He later gave me Sh1,000 to go and fetch him Orange airtime worth Sh50 and so he was left with my friend. However, the shop had only Safaricom airtime and when I came back and knocked the door, he refused to open at first. When he finally opened it, he took the Sh1,000 and send my friend to fetch sugar, milk and tea leaves. When she left, he removed his trouser and ordered me to give it to him,” she narrated adding that the suspect threatened to kill her if she told anyone.
Her friend returned from the shop and the two left after a while, only to tell each other about what happened to them.
“Rafiki yangu aliniambia kwamba mshukiwa alitaka pande ya mbele lakini akakataa, akamwambia hataki kupata mimba akiwa shule. Yeye (mshukiwa) alimwambia eti pia hataki awe na mimba kwa sababu ataguzisha tu, na alipokataa akamlazimisha kumpea nyuma. Nikamwambia hata mimi nimefanyiwa hivyo” she said.
According to her father, residents complained of frequent visits by young girls to the suspect's house and that is when he started investigations.
Other two girls whose cases have not been reported to the police are aged between 13 and 15.
Parents claimed they fear reporting the matter to the police, accusing the officers of not taking any action.
In the Monday case, the 15-year-old girl after being attended to at Nairobi Women’s Hospital Nakuru on Monday, was found to have been defiled at least thrice, according to the medics.
The area chief Jane Muthoni has confirmed the incidents, which residents termed as satanic, and called for the arrest of the suspect who is said to be making frequent calls to have the matter sorted out by the police.
Similar sentiments were shared by the girl’s grandmother who said that the suspect was using money to exploit young girls.
Nakuru County Police Commander Hassan Barua who spoke on the phone said: “I am not aware such incidents but the residents should report them to my office personally for action if those police are not helping them”.