Kisumu Boys High School candidates being frisked by an exam officer in the past. The School is targeting to beat Maseno School in KCSE next year. [Photo/ nation.co.ke]
Kisumu Boys High School Deputy Principal Richard Onyango has said their target is to beat Maseno School in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) come next year.
“2018 don’t be surprised. Among the names that you will be hearing appearing among the top will come from here. One of them is very promising. He might even be number one in the nation,” said the deputy principal during an interview in his office on Thursday.
He said that their plan was to beat Maseno School in KCSE this year, but they did not succeed.
Kisumu Boys High School was ranked 94th nationally in the just released KCSE results. The School came 4th in Kisumu County, behind Maseno School (ranked 33 nationally), Kisumu Girls’ High School (58 nationally) and Chemelil Sugar Academy (78 nationally).
The School will take over 180 students to University next year from a group of over 200 that sat for KCSE this year. Last year, 205 students out of 262 that sat for exams at the school joined various universities after scoring a C plus and above.
The deputy principal thanked parents for being strong pillar in terms of ensuring that their children remain focused in class.
“Parents have been supportive, the love the school. Anything going towards the learning of their children, they always support,” he said.
He said the school will register over 300 candidates next year.