Is there a story unfolding in your community? Let Hivisasa know

A day after he was sacked as the chief of staff by Nakuru County Governor Kinuthia Mbugua, Raymond Komen has now come out to express why he will no longer serve the county as a senior officer, in a statement which expresses political witch-hunt.

Speaking in Nakuru on Wednesday Komen said that apart from “The outright and open campaign by Solai MCA, Mr Chebor to get me removed from office, the underlying issues that led to my fall out with KM (Kinuthia Mbugua) and Deputy Governor” was after blocking “the transfer of the 1.3B Rongai Trauma Hospital project from Salgaa to the Nakuru PGH”.

Komen says that the county government through CO Health Mwaura, under the governor’s instructions wrote to the National Treasury cabinet secretary as well as Health CS, informing them of their non support of the construction stating that it will be 25 KMs away from another Trauma centre at the Nakuru Provincial General Hospital. “They recommended the same funds be transferred to Gilgil” Komen says.

Komen says the demonstration and mass action that was held at Salgaa mid-2015, also played part in him being sent packing.

“The Salgaa business community had been making frequent visits to the county office to see Governor KM over the Mosop Development Budget which was largely unfelt on the ground. I made several attempts for them to see him but this didn't happen”.

However the governor visited Salgaa and promised a 60 days action, but the public became impatient after 3 months.

“Since I was in constant communication with those accused and charged in court, I was accused of being a mastermind” Komen said.

Kiboronjo Health Centre in Solai, a 30M project under the Economic Stimulus Programme that was constructed and equipped during Hon Kigen’s term, is the third reason as to why he was fired.

He says: “Now the Kiboronjo health centre remains closed 5 years later and the only requirement for its opening is to clear the contractor debt of Ksh 4M and then send staff.”