Article Image
KIAMBU

Fire breaks out at JKUAT

Sam Munyaka
Vote on this article to affect its rank!
JKUAT's tuck shop which was razed by fire on Monday morning. [Source/ Sam Munyaka]

Students at the Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT) in Juja were on Monday left reeling from shock after a fire broke out in the mess at around 3am.

The fire also razed retail shops including the university's tuck shop.

Traders were left counting losses after their properties including photocopy machines were destroyed in the fire.

The situation was contained after fire brigades arrived at the scene an hour after the incident was reported. 

Details about the cause of the fire are still scanty, as investigations are yet to be carried out.

Confirming the incident, Juja OCPD Simon Thirikwa said no casualties have been reported. 

A similar incident was reported at the university three years ago after a fire engulfed a men's hostel.

#hivisasaoriginal

Nunua Unilever products zote at 50% Pap!

Thank you for reading my article! You have contributed to my success as a writer. The articles you choose to read on Hivisasa help shape the content we offer.
-Sam Munyaka

Vote on this article to affect its rank!
Report Story

More you may enjoy reading

You might also like

You may also enjoy these stories

Since you like this story, here’s more

More stories you might like

Don’t miss out on these stories

Whilst you’re here, check out these stories

We thought you’d like these stories as well

Don’t leave without checking out these stories too